UBB Store

RARE Avid Media Composer Apple Macintosh PowerMac ADB Keyboard M2980 EXCELLENT
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
RARE Avid Media Composer Apple Macintosh PowerMac ADB Keyboard M2980 EXCELLENT
Price: US $149.00
(Note: The photos you see now are correct. This previously temporarilyhad my own inventory photos [taken to show each keyboard in the box ofkeyboards] of the keyboard with the keyboard sitting on top of the boxit had been stored in for many years, taken in a fairly dark indoorsetting. I was going to make my own outdoor natural light photos thenext day, but we got rained out that day so I couldn't, then I forgot,bubble wrapped the keyboard, and put it away. I just noticed yesterdaythese photos with the keyboard on the box were the dark inventoryphotos that were only to be used as temporary photos, then went outsideand made the correct new photos you see on the listing now. Samekeyboard, just using dark and slightly blurry photos before.)Sealed in total darkness in a case of keyboards for approximately 19years. You might have seen I have recently sold three of my RARE Apple(mostly ADB, but also some USB) keyboards, including Avid video editingkeycap keyboards, and those were from a flight case not opened since afew seconds in 2011, packed in there since 2005, so it has been intotal darkness inside an airtight sealed flight case for 19 years. Thisis a major reason that gear from Synhouse is better than anyone else's.But this one is one of a dozen keyboards (mostly USB, but also a fewADB) in a sealed case that came from a system integrator buyout. Thiswas the Los Feliz mansion lot from 14 years ago, 1/2011, clearing outan entire room of gear in a mansion in about three truckloads, mostlyvideo gear and that included a lot of computer hardware, software, andbooks, and most of that had been taken off short leases between 2002and 2008 or so. This one would have have either been on a $100,000 ABVB Avid MediaComposer system (normally running on a PowerMac 9600/300 or 9650/350,but sometimes later possibly a G3, I think), or possibly a Meridien(don't know why they misspelled that) Avid Media Composer system whichwas the first one that input and output real broadcast quality video(uncompressed, I think, but someone may correct me on that, I've gotseveral but don't know everything about them), and this one says madein Thailand (not China), so I will say that while the Apple Designkeyboard M2980 (one of my favorite because it's so reliable, but myreal favorite is the older more compact one M0116 because my work areais a mess, but dammit I've been through a lot of those chunks and soldseveral as-is broken) was made from 1994 to 1999 (ending in China), I'dsay with that this one for sale here was made this was most likely madearound 1996.Mac collectors, this Thailand-China thing isn't being brought up forany sort of nationalist reasons, but because I have found out---thehard way---that the made in China M2980s that I got in with so, so, somany 7100/7200/7300/7500/7600/G3 desktops, and some 8100s as well,these do NOT work with all the older NuBus 68K Macs. They may work withsome, but not all of them, and I stupidly threw at least one Quadra 950in the trash because I thought the ADB port was bad, because I tried itwith a few different "tested good" (but tested on a PowerMac 7500)M2980s, but most of the keys were out. And this was mega-dumb, that wasonly in 2012 or so. And probably threw out some LC computers for thatreason as well, more like 2002-2004. I learned later on that the madein Thailand M2980 keyboards seemed to work on my old 68K Macs, in factjust fine with all of them that I can recall. But my life with these50+ Macs I have is 100% just testing items for sale or for clients, andsetting up clients' music systems with Macs, not actually spendinghundreds of hours per year writing documents and is a very RARE keyboard that was originally sold by Avid as anAvid branded keyboard as part of a $100,000 Avid Media Composer system.This is an Apple Keyboard, model number M2980. This will (as above)most likely work with a Quadra 950 tower (which was the basis of a lotof Avid systems), and will also work with anything that has an ADB(Apple Desktop Bus) port (Power Mac 7100, 7200, 7300, 7500, 7600, 8100,8500, 8600, 9600. And (as above) will most likely work with any type ofMac II, and many, many more Macs with ADB.This keyboard is in beautiful condition. It has a power switch to poweron your Mac from the keyboard, a built-in ADB cable to connect your Macto, and an ADB port to connect your mouse to.This keyboard has been tested by Synhouse using a PowerMac 9500, withmy "QWERTY 1234567890" test as you see in the video.This should work with most any 1990s-era Mac. It will not work byconnecting to a USB port.Cosmetically, it is excellent, just look at the photos. It has NO UVyellowing on any of the case parts, and I say that because the bottom(never exposed to light) matches the tannish gray color of the topperfectly. So little because it was in total darkness inside a case ofkeyboards for 19 years. I normally remove all property tags, stickers, tape, etc., but this isa pro editing keyboard that has 8 stickers/tags added to it and I leftthem on there, as it might be useful reference for item is as described in the title and as shown in the photos. ALLof my photos are the actual items, will be very, very safely packed for shipment. Free local pickup in the Los Feliz district of L.A. is okay if you canwork around my busy schedule.Please see my other listings for SCSI drive enclosures and cables thatmight be of interest. I've got more SCSI than ANYONE, and I've onlylisted about 10% of it so far.

Buy Now