Vintage Grid GridCase 1530 386 SOLD AS IS For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Vintage Grid GridCase 1530 386 SOLD AS IS
Price: US $538.20
Vintage Grid GridCase 1530 386 Laptop and it does boot ]it was the first laptop to use a 386DX processor.This Grid is very vintage/old. They of course were some of the best most durable laptops ever made, even being used in the Space Shuttle.Unit turned on when I used a test batter with it. The unit beeped once and the drives calibrated and I could see each light went on but I do not have a 720K Grid boot disk to test it with.. The right hand screen hinge is missing so the unit does not stand up on its own very well. The display has some marks on it as shown. I did not see anything displayed on the screen. The battery is NOT included . It has two internal floppy drives. I do not know the status ofthe hard drive, if therethere is one.The 1980s were a time of rapid change in personal computing. Relatively light, battery-operated laptop computers became available. From 1982, the California firm of GRiD Computer Systems, Inc., sold laptop computers of this type, using Intel microprocessors. Examples of early GRiD laptops were purchased by NASA, flew on the Space Shuttle in 1990, and survive in the collections of the National Air and Space Museum. This is a later GRiD laptop from the CASE 1500 series.It is SOLD AS IS simply because it is such a vintage computer.