UBB Store

Samsung MZ-HPU 128 HCGM, known as XP941 Gen 2 AHCI-NVME #2   m2.2280
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Samsung MZ-HPU 128 HCGM, known as XP941 Gen 2 AHCI-NVME #2 m2.2280
Price: US $24.95
I have THREE of these total, all 3 are the same exact thing far as I can see, these are the first EARLY type of AHCI-NVME type m2.2280 type gum-stick hard drive, these are NOT the SATA type, NO, it's the NVME type but also this is KNOWN too as another number called an XP941, it is a gen 2 speed type as it was one of the first ones, these are all three in the 128-GB sized, some use these for perfect tester units to see if they will work or not in what older motherboard you got, using the thing controller card like an X-4 slot card........I used one on all three of these, so I can verify and test to ensure each one of these are GOOD and they WORK. These will NOT show up on a DOCK type NVME or the adapters using like a Sata 3 to USB3 type adapter-cord.........the only way these are going to show up is ONLY on the X4 type controller card (or another one from X1 to X16, but to get the full speeds, prefer you are using the X-4 type card) as this has to be plugged into the mobo on a spare slot somewhere, to see it show up, since it is an older type AHCI-NVME it's not the same thing as any regular NVME.
I am going to ASSUME that any of you that are looking at this, KNOWS what it is or what I am talking about as these were the first early ones from turn of year 2015, they are known to work in a LOT of older motherboards, but then that depends on the mobo too, I make NO claim this will work in ALL or ANY older motherboard, it is dependent on what type and how the bios is, so again I am going to ASSUME that U know what this is, if you are looking at it, it's a slower gen 2 type due to the HPU instead of an HPV type, if it were the HPV type it would be a faster gen 3 type one that would work fast on a gen 2 speed type X-4 slot, the older HPU types were slower but I did do a few tests out of curiosity to recall my own memory to what these do.
On using the old crystal mark 8 test, this is the 2nd one, it showed up as a 1218 some type READ speed and could do 462 on write, if we were comparing the old old HDD or even the more-modern Sata 3 type SSD to this, this is STILL FASTER than the SSD is, I ran another test on this one and it seems to show up as 95% good. These are double-sided type modules as that is how they were back in those days.
I have THREE of these, two are 95% and one is 94%, the read-write speeds are NEAR the same as one another, these are good but OLD drives, so some OLDER type motherboards, it is possible of course to get some really FAST speeds out of them, more like double what any SSD would do, for one thing those older motherboards MIGHT have had at best a gen 2 type X-slot for speed, not a gen 3. IF it were a gen 2 which most of them were far as I can remember.........these show up on one pic as a Sata-600 which means it's in AHCI-NVME type mode.
I am told or aware these are RARE and very next to impossible to FIND, and some are paying unreal exorbiant prices for these kind of things, but I don't plan to try to wring the market for top price of what one of these could go for.
I ship almost the same day long as it is before 4 PM most days during Monday-Friday but on a Saturday I could get it shipped if you take it before 2 PM, I try to go to the REGIONAL post office here so to get it to you as fast as possible as it can take time, for you that are international or overseas be aware this can take a few WEEKS at the least, to reach you. I pack these SUPER good, most do not meet my type of packing for a small item because I have to ensure it reaches you the same way you expect it to reach you, fair enough there.
I do FREE SHIPPING so it cost you nothing, and this will be in static packing to protect the NVME and also in some HARD cardboard on double-sides and in bubble wrap, this will be WELL PACKED to reach you safely.

Buy Now