UBB Store

Gateway / Promise Ultra66 PCI IDE host adapter with v 1.12 BIOS, 80-wire cable
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Gateway / Promise Ultra66 PCI IDE host adapter with v 1.12 BIOS, 80-wire cable
Price: US $17.95
Here is a PCI card made in late 1999 by Promise Technology to support up to four IDE devices which could have larger capacities or faster data transfer rates than supported by an older motherboard's IDE host adapter.
This card has a BIOS, which allows a system to boot from an attached IDE hard drive of up to 128GB. The BIOS supports Ultra ATA/66 data transfer rates (up to 66.6 MB/second). IDE transfer rates above 33.3 MB/second require an 80-wire cable. I include one such cable, with connectors for two drives.
At the start of this listing, I have two Promise Ultra66 cards. One is the item pictured here, which I pulled from a slot 1 Pentium III system by Gateway. Gateway added their part number 6001089. The other does not have a Gateway part number, but has a chip dated the 16th week of 2000 and BIOS version 1.14.
You can find drivers and a user's guide at this will make sure that it ships securely and promptly. I offer a 30 day return privilege and free shipping to any U.S. zip code.

Buy Now