UBB Store

GIMP 1.0 WilberWorks Official GimpOne  Gimp 1 CD-ROM (1998) - Rare Linux HTF OOP
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GIMP 1.0 WilberWorks Official GimpOne Gimp 1 CD-ROM (1998) - Rare Linux HTF OOP
Price: US $150.00
The Official WilberWorks GIMP 1.0 CD-ROM. This is one of the "holy grails" in my collection. As far as I can tell, this CD-ROM has never been sold on . I think maybe only a couple thousand of these CDs were ever made. This is a piece of Linux history and represents a major milestone in open source software. GIMP, or the GNU Image Manipulation Program, is one of the prime examples of open source software. It also became a cornerstone of the Linux desktop in that the GTK library is the GIMP Tool Kit, so most Linux desktop environments became dependent on GTK, and thus on GIMP. This CD was published when GIMP hit it's 1.0 release milestone as a way to commemorate the occasion. They were shipped wordwide directly from my town (Bloomington, Indiana) and when they were released I just drove over to Wilberwork's house to pick up my copy. I will ship this in an appropriately sized box with good padding. Good luck.

Buy Now