Selling an Apollo Vision Q3 with original carrying case and accessories. I came across this at an estate sale 15 years ago, put it in my basement and then forgot about it until now. It took me some research to figure out what it was, but finally found a news article from MacWorld (May 1996) which covered what this was and how it was used. I have included part of the article, but if you want to read the whole thing, Google "Apollo Vision Q3" and follow the link to MacWorld May 1996 - Vintage Apple, which is a PDF, then scroll to page 151.
It seems to be in very good condition, so I am going to put it out here on in case someone wants/needs this. It is untested because unfortunately there isn't a power cord, but everything else that came in the case is included.
So, here is what is included:
- Apollo Vision Q3 LCD Panel
- Carrying case with strap
- Apollo Wireless Receiver
- Apollo Vision remote control (NOTE: previous owner left 2 AA batteries in this, which had corroded. I removed the batteries, but if someone buys this, they will need to clean the terminals)
- Apollo Wireless Microphone - Model MW-120 (in plastic bag)
- Microphone with lapel clip (in plastic bag)
- Mac II / VGA adapter
- Monitor - VGA adapter
- Empty bag with sticker that says Apollo RCA to Phone Plug PC-5000-79
- Two AA batteries in bag (probably no good, but included because it was in the case)
- 9V battery in bag (probably no good, but included because it was in the case)
IMPORTANT NOTE: I did not test this, so selling as is. I would hope that someone who has old Apple gear would be interested in this and find that everything works as expected. It took me awhile to find anything about this device on the internet, and was unable to find any kind of instruction manual.
Also, I have no idea what this is worth, so if you have any information, please send me a note. According the MacWorld article, brand new in 1996, this cost almost $7,000 which is crazy.
Thanks for looking!
