FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS IN MY STORE!! Please search my other listings for more vintage Apple computers and components, particularly items from the Powerbook 1400 and early G3 eras. Feel free to bundle a few together for a better deal :D
For sale is a vintage Apple iBook G3, one of the earliest model"Dual USB / Snow Icebook" machines! It is very clean and fully functional, though it does have some noticeable cosmetic wear and screen scratches, as shown. This listing includes the iBook, itself, along with its original battery and an aftermarket MacAlly brand charger. The original box, manuals, or any other accessories are not included.
The system specs are as follows:
- 500 mhz G3 processor
- 128 MB RAM (upgraded from the original 64 MB)
- 10 GB Hard Drive
- 8 MB Video Card
- CD-ROM Drive
The iBook is still working very well, and has been given a fresh install of OS 9.2. It runs OS 9 efficiently and boots quickly, with snappy responses to inputs and general clicking around. The CD drive functions perfectly, every key on the keyboard works as it should, and all of the ports have been tested and are working properly.
The main issues with this unit are cosmetic. It has many scuffs on the outer shell, and the keyboard has begun to yellow and discolor, along with some of the ports on the side. The screen also has two noticeable scratches right across the middle, as shown. Which is a shame, as the screen is still very sharp! It does show some signs of yellowing / fading, as well as uneven backlighting at the edges, but it still looks pretty nice in person. Unfortunately, the scratches are permanent, and are certainly noticeable against a white background :\
The battery is the original one, but does not hold a charge. The charger shown in the photos is included, and is an aftermarket model made by MacAlly. It is very clean and works perfectly. I have also attached five larger (and removable!) memory foam pads to the bottom to help elevate the computer and provide better airflow. The original rubber feet are not included.
As far as I can tell, aside from the additional RAM module that was added to this computer, it has never been opened up or tampered with internally. It had several of its rubber feet in place on the bottom when I received it (though they were removed when I installed the round foam pads, as mentioned above) and the screws on the bottom are all in place, and do not look like they have ever been turned. I believe that all internal components are the original factory-installed hardware :)
Ideally, this should be used as an OS 9 machine. I don't think it would run OS X well given its system specs. Myself, I was using it to play some OS 9 games while attached to an external monitor, and to that end, it was a fantastic machine! Treat it carefully, and it should serve your classic Mac OS needs very, very well.
While I do my best to test each component I sell and clean them up as best I can, these are vintage, used machines, and will show various signs of wear and use. Between the description and the provided photos, they are listed as accurately and honestly as possible. But in saying that, this computer is sold as-is, with no returns. Please research these machines carefully to ensure they will be a good fit in your collection, and feel free to ask any questions before you buy! I will do my best to help :)
Check the photos for the actual iBook up for sale! I will be sure to package it well in a sturdy cardboard box for protection.Thanks for looking!!
