UBB Store

Apple PowerBook Duo 230 M7777 + AC Adapter Bundle, 12MB Ram, 100MB HD.  Read
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apple PowerBook Duo 230 M7777 + AC Adapter Bundle, 12MB Ram, 100MB HD. Read
Price: US $99.99

MacBook Duo 230 - boots normally but backlight is not working. It previously worked for 3-4 boot ups before I disassembled the screen to reseat the video cable. After this no backlight and I noticed the inverter board was extremely hot. Booted it in a dock multiple times with no problems, but cannot be used standalone without first addressing whatever is causing the inverter board to overheat.


While opened up, I glued the broken screw grommets for the display bezel in place (see images). Clips on upper portion of the display bezel appear to be broken, or at least I couldn’t get them to fully lock back in place. One side of the speaker hold-down plastic is broken off inside the display - I glued it but it came apart again due to the tension of the metal hold down (didn’t let the glue set long enough). It probably can be left as is or could be re-glued.


Battery is included but it won’t charge and needs to be left out in order to boot up.


AC adapter included - working.


Gummy feet & display standoffs have turned to goo and should be replaced. One on lid has been scraped out.


Please see images for condition.



Buy Now