UBB Store

Apple PowerBook 520c Good Condition - Working - System 7.6.1
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apple PowerBook 520c Good Condition - Working - System 7.6.1
Price: US $324.99

I did a minor HDD repair and now this thing works. I have been told that it is not a long-term solution, so if you plan using this a lot, you might want to consider buying something like a blueSCSI or zuluSCSI to transfer files over easily with an SD card or even over wifi.


I have tested the floppy drive and it works. Sound works. Screen works, Colors are still good. Contrast and brightness controls on the machine still work.


The removable battery is dead. I will included it if you want as people like to rebuild them with modern 18650 lithium batteries so the laptop can be used portably, as intended.


This machine came with an external drive in the form of a PCMCIA card, which does not show up in OS and may be dead. I am not sure. Maybe it just needs some drivers. I assume it is dead. It will be included.


External battery charger is included.


I just don't have the software or peripherals to make great use of this retro survivor. I would need to buy a SCSI kit to really enjoy it.


Besides the plastic failing a bit at the bays, condition is good.


Be careful when closing the lid to make sure bottom edge of the right side is pushed in or you might crack the cover at the bottom. Ask me if you are uncertain. Don't just slap the top closed. I assume a plastic clip came off at some point in the past. Does not affect functionality.


If the floppy disk gets stuck on eject use a paper clip in the hole to get it out. I had that issue when I first tried it, but now it seems to be back to working well on each eject.



Buy Now