Why Textcraft?
Textcraft (early version 1.1) was the first text and word processing program released for the Commodore Amiga in 1985.
Key Milestones in Textcraft’s History
1985 Launch. Developed early in the Amiga’s lifecycle, Textcraft v1.1 shipped as a hybrid word processor and text editor.
Debut. Bob Pariseau famously demonstrated TextCraft during the famous 1985 Amiga 1000 launch event at Lincoln Center to showcase the machine's GUI capabilities.
Features. It allowed users to change fonts, adjust page layouts and text widths, modify colors, and embed color graphics into documents.
Textcraft Plus. Later versions like Textcraft Plus were distributed by International Consumer Technologies (ICT) Corporation in 1986 and 1987 with direct backing from Amiga.
So this is for the history buffs.
Comes with original disk plus original EMPTY folder. (The manual disappeared years ago.)
However you can download the manual on the internet archive. Message me for the link.
Also you can see the original pre-release article on the Amiga in the August 1985 edition of Byte magazine on the Internet Archive where Textcraft is mentioned. (Page 100)
Combining Orders.
I use Aust Post satchels for domestic orders to keep the postal costs down. BUT , as far as I can tell, does not calculate combining orders in a way that complies with Aust Post rules.
With the way works I could end up over or undercharging or over filling satchels which causes problems at Aust Post.
So could you please do the following:
If you want me to combine two or more orders in the one package to reduce delivery costs pleasea) send me a message in advanceb) place all the orders at the same time.
Note that puts pressure on sellers to get the items delivered as soon as possible. There have been times when I wrap one order to find out that the same buyer has placed more orders and wants me to combine all of them. The problem is that when I print the delivery label it is almost impossible to go back and combine the orders. It is best to combine them before any labels are printed.Regarding Diskettes.
I have been asked about the reliability of the disks that come with the software packages.
This is a valid concern. Some of the disks are many years old.
To eliminate any problems I will:
a) Provide a NEW backup copy of each disk sold, made at the time of dispatch, be it an IBM PC 1.44mb disk or an Amiga 880k Disk.
b) When you purchase a software package, please message me your email address. I will then email you an .img file for each PC disk included in the software OR an .ADF file for each Amiga disk included in the software.
This way you can make as many copies of the disks that you need AND you have the disk image on file which is a more secure storage method than just floppy disks.(095 560)
